Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

what is love - ideas coming together

 Today I have asked the children about love again.

I read to them what they said last time, and asked if there was anything else they wanted to say about love, and to also give a chance to the child who was not with us last week to give comments.

I wrote their ideas and thoughts down as we drew together - I could see that they were inspired by me writing their words down as they all practiced pre-writing skills on their paper as well.

It means that I have an idea for an art project - based wholly on their thoughts of what love is...

Love is a million-big tree with eight branches, on it grows oranges, hearts, stars and butterflies. The leaves are "pappa" coloured (which I was shown was a orange/beige sort of colour - although I have not noticed any of their father's being that particular colour).

During our outdoor play we went on a love hunt - could we find traces of love?

I was expecting the children to point out the hearts and the red and pink in the shop windows - but wonderfully they totally surprised me...




traces of love



look, look my love tracks change when I run (you can see a skid mark behind the footprint) another child carefully placed their traces of love next to the first one.

After a while they discovered they could make traces of love with their hands too - as well as snow angels .
 I was so happy that LOVE was created by themselves.

This has inspired me to use boot prints as part of the artwork - as well as handprints. So now I am looking forward to creating a million-big love tree with the children. I am afraid you are going to have to wait until next week to see the results....

No comments:

Post a Comment