Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Pyjama party...

Some of the children have been bringing that "well you can't come to my party" back into our preschool life again... as a method of trying to control others (despite said birthdays not being for a VERY long time)...

To be honest I am quite tired of children using this exclusion tool to get what they want... even if I do understand where it comes from...

So from a mad idea on the spur of the moment we have arranged a pyjama part for next week... where all the Vinden children can come... a PARTY for everyone...

Which got us thinking... how will the other groups feel? And soon it became a party for the whole preschool!!

This will be a spot of fun... and hopefully take some of the sting out of the party control tactics... (or it could totally backfire and they start using it to try and wangle more PJ parties???.... But I have some thoughts ready for that, SHOULD it happen... well questions at least for the children to get THEM thinking...)

The philosophy session with the new story went well today (and was all about the square) - but I will share more about that at the weekend...

AND we have a special guest coming on Thursday... and I mean REALLY special... but I am not going to spoil the surprise  yet... but it will mean a little show for all the children AND a "movement" playworkshop for Vinden. I am SO excited!!

Filosofiska welcomes all the children to spend the whole day in pyjamas at preschool. A little party feeling just because its fun. Cuddly toys welcome on Wednesday 9th April!

No comments:

Post a Comment