Pages

Thursday 9 July 2015

Perspective...

How often do you check your setting from the height of the child?

It really does make a difference on how you see things...

It can also be valuable to take photographs from the height of the adult and the height of the child to see the difference too...

The above image if two photographs taken from the exact same point... the only difference being that on the one on the right I was crouching, being a small as a child...
Suddenly the room feels bigger, I see things that I missed when I was standing up - but I still see all the way up to the ceiling (for some reason some places become afraid of putting things high up - I feel that we should be encouraging children to lift their eyes... to be observant of many things around them, and not just what is at their height - like being spoon fed - of course there still has to be an awareness of what the children can see and why it is being put where it is being put).

This is one image from my visit to Garden Gate Child Development Center on Martha's Vineyard, where I visited as part of their ECE retreat earlier this month.

More posts will be coming from this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment