Pages

Sunday 5 March 2017

A Democratic Preschool...

You can now read this post in full over on my new website
Interaction Imagination

The very first sentence in the Swedish preschool curriculum is "Förskolan vilar på demokratins grund" (The preschool rests on the foundations of democracy).
Yet over the years I have seen a kind of confusion over what is democracy... and how does the preschool rest upon it? Often I have seen "democracy" been used a project, and often that means voting... but over the years as I have been on this "listening journey" of mine I have come to understand democracy as something quite different... and that voting is a tool of democracy rather than being democracy.

.....................................................................................................................






No comments:

Post a Comment