Pages

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Film-making Session Two

Oh this is a steep learning curve for me, I can tell you that...

Its fun, and a little frustrating... becuase part of me is working hard on trying to enable the children, part is dealing with this whole film-making thing, which is new to me too, and part of me is trying to make sure that everyone is included, taking care of each other, and that the process is not taking too long so that it goes beyond being meaningful... nothing without joy and all that...

Today I felt I pushed myself almost to the point of losing it... but colleague observers said that they had not noticed that I was dealing with frustration on the inside as apparently I was remaining calm on the outside.

My mistake... TOO MANY mini-figures...
There was just too many for the children to move each shot to allow the process to be fairly fluid... it took too long for the children to move in and move their figure... and then move out of the way so that the next child could come in and move their figure... and if I was to remind another child about moving so another could come in... I could quite possibly have lost it... I must have reminded them every single time - and since there are 65 pictures and 7 children involved that was a lot of reminders in a short period of time...
And of course the children did not want to move out of the way, they all, quite rightly, wanted centre stage to be able to see the action... even though I tried to find an area that would have enough space, as well as good lighting, as well as room to put a background image, it simply was not large enough. I might move it slightly for the next session, to create a bit more space... it might juts be enough...
Also the film will have to take a slightly different direction and that some of the characters will take more space... we have done scene 1 and 2 today... maybe some of the scenes can be just a few of the children, different combinations each time to allow the flow to be better.

The children want a fight scene... and right now with so many figures, it is just too complicated... so we are in dialogue about how we can do a "fight scene" that will work...

But we have for now plans for up to scene 5.

Today we finished off the background... just one child's building not glued onto it yet... but that will come at the end of the week... the child is at home sick at the moment...

I ended up being director... this was not my intention... I had handed over as much to the children as I could... but there was just too many children (only 7, but with 7 different ideas and no winning concept) I felt that if I got it started the story would come ... and it did... the story comes from the children in dialogue with me... or rather I seemed to be the channel for THEIR story.

Anyway... here is scene 1 from today...
I won't be revealing the storyline... or all of the scenes until late April and we have our premiere viewing for the parents...



And here is an image of the background

The painted part comes from when we painted our clay robots, and we used the left over metallic paints and colours in a Together Painting at the easel.
Tomorrow we will be taking a 45 minute journey to the west Stockholm suburbs (we are located in the south Stockholm suburbs) to visit a shopping centre there... it is the red and white building to the left middle above Globen... a very modern building...
I have not included the space for the last building on this image... we did allow room for the last one...

No comments:

Post a Comment