Pages

Monday 24 October 2016

Changing direction

Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith...

and that is what i will be doing in 2017...

I have resigned from my position as director at Filosofiska preschool and have decided to spend time gathering material and writing a book... using this blog as a kind of springboard.

It certainly is daunting to leave the children and my colleagues... but I am also excited about the new learning possibilities.

I am hoping that I will be able to get the chance to travel and share inspiration, and learn from others too.

In January I will be returning to Jenin in Palestine to teach at a early years educator training course that the Freedom Theatre has started there... with the idea to introduce more play and more listening into children's learning environments. I plan to be there at Easter too, so that I can take my teenage daughter to experience (a glimpse of) life in a refugee camp.

In February I will be heading to my hometown of York, UK, and hope to set up some opportunity to present and visit some early years settings - we shall see what happens.

As for elsewhere... well I will just have to wait and see what the future holds for me...

As for the images in this post... well a few quotes that inspire me... a few of many quotes... There is much that inspires... much that makes me wonder... and many questions I seek the answer to... no doubt only to find more questions... but that is half the fun!













4 comments:

  1. Best wishes to you on your journey. Brave woman! I look forward to following your progress.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you... right now I feel like I need to be brave... but it is exciting at the same time
      Suzanne

      Delete
  2. Suzanne, I am sure your decision was not made lightly and there are many uncertainties that are unsettling. From reading your blog for some time now, I know you have tested the waters and found them to be invigorating. I wish you the best on your new journey and will eagerly look forward to hear about your new developments. Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks for your well wishes... and yes, you are right, it was by no means an easy decision, and I am going to miss sorely being with children.
      I seriously hope that come the new year that I will stop working WITH children... and will get many opportunities to play and learn with children... especially the early years.

      Suzanne

      Delete