Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

ice-cream spoons... and ice-cream play-dough

With BIG thanks to Nicole at STIKKINIKKI we now have many many beautiful spoons (maybe not beautiful for our environment - but now they are washed these spoons can be recycled and upcycled).


PLENTY to test - not just to sort by colour, but also just to move around in the box and make a good old noise... I have an idea for an art project, but I am going to chat with the children first before we dive into that... and my mind is thinking glue gun too...

I have seen "ice-cream dough" online - the latest by Ghost Writer Mummy, which I posted on my FB-page. Being more aware of children with eczema these days I wanted to see if I could make it a bit more friendly for children with skin issues... so this dough is mixed with rice-flour (I was fresh out of cornflour, so I thought I would give rice flour a go - its a bit more grainy than cornflour, but it does add to the sensory experience, I mixed it with handcream which had a coconut smell - I am now thinking along the lines of mixing it with coconut oil for an even kinder and more natural experience - that would EVEN be OK to eat.... not that you would want to though... It was quite messy to mix, but once it was a good firm combination it felt really nice and formed well..

it also looked lovely with the ice-cream spoons - toy could smooth it out, or pull it apart - or just stick them in as decoration...
Now I just need to think of how to make a fake sauce - I know coloured rice makes great sprinkles - and as the rice mixes with the dough it will create a new sensory experience....
looking forward to testing it out at work - my children at home LOVE it already....


No comments:

Post a Comment