Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Sunshine and tomorrow...

The delights of walking a little further afield and discvering a HUGE open space generously sprinkled with dandelions...

We have been having a no picking rule whilst at the Snail Park... as it is a garden... and also in early spring we want to give the best start to the years with access to as many flowers as possible... dandelions included...

So when we got the stray - a huge open expanse of green and gold the children were offered the opportunity to pick dandelions... as we could see the next batch were soon on their way...

(...and my daughter reflected as she looked at this photo this evening of the feeeling of magic and wonder of picking flowers ... "juts picking them... I loved it, picking picking picking... I was not so bothered about the flowers, but I LOVED to pick them")

As we took the flowers back we talked about what we would do with them... how they would die once they were picked... and one child suggested that we put them in water once back at preschool so they would not... all the children agreed that this was a good idea...

Friday I finish early... so I am not sure what the fate of the dandelions in water became... I guess I will find out on Monday...


Tomorrow will be the first day of two meeting with Beate Børrelsen and Bo Malmhester to deepen our understanding of philosophy with children...

No comments:

Post a Comment