Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Good Example Fair

I was going to do a decent length post about my particiaption on the behalf of Filosofiska Preschool at the "Good Example Fair" - but after a twitter chat about philosophical play with #EYTalking and Sara Stanley my brain is over full with thoughts and it all needs sorting again... which considering I will be doing a course on philosophy with children at the weekend with my colleagues, I doubt I will have much time to sort before it is filled to the brim again...

I now have lots of photos from Canada I am wanting to share, more ideas from there, ideas about today and I know there is so much more on its way...

So just a quickie...

One of the best parts of today was meeting up with staff from Stureby Preschools where they work "Normkritisk" with the children and each other... in other words the staff and the children talk and think  about the norms of society and reflect upon these as to why they are norms, are they good that they are norms, how does it affect others that do not fullfill the critieria for "normal" - so included in this is gender, age, culture, religion... basically the whole of life... looking at it reflecting on it and creating an atmosphere that is accepting of everyone... creatign genine understanding, empathy, tolerance... the very same reasons as to why philosophy is important for us at Filosofiska... to reflect on the world, to ask questions, to undertand the perspectives of others with respect... there was a mutual desire to collaborate and share more with each other...

I also chatted with Viktoria Mullo, atelierista in Fredhäll and Kristinebergs preschool area and how they have been working digitally with the children... something I saw in Canada being used effectfully too.

 And Åsa Örnevik in Skarpnäck and her work to increase the amount of organic foods consumed in preschools, including growing own food, as well as helping design toxin free preschool environments.

I also attended some mini-seminars... just 20 minutes long for each session, where preschools tried to cram in as much information as they could about their good practice... but I will share more about that another day... my brain needs to rest...

A quick observation was that some communes of Stockholm had chosen NOT to share any Preschool good practice... some did not shed much light on their practice and others took more space, like city planning, or sheltered housing etc, and some communes really show-cased the preschools... I am curious about how all of this was decided... 

"Our city on the way to world class" - and yes that statement "world class" was the inspiration behind my master's dissertation

a view from above

Kungsholmen - digital learning

2 comments:

  1. Love the sound of the way the stureby preschools work. Would you be able to organise a visit with me Suzanne

    ReplyDelete